14-05-11 20:41 #1
Chuyên ngành: NGOẠI NGỮ Mã số tài liệu: 12531 Thể loại: Thạc Sỹ Lượt xem: 1261 Hỗ trợ: Hỗ Trợ 1 Hỗ Trợ 2 Chia sẻ bởi: Dung lượng: 306.5 KB Lượt tải: 33 Tài liệu này được UpdateBook Đảm Bảo. Hoàn tiền 100% nếu không hiệu quả » Xem chi tiết
Giới thiệu chung
It is undeniable that English is a means of international communication in the fields of science, technology, culture, education, economy and so on. It is not only the native language of about 300 million of speakers around the world but also the official language in many countries as well as second / foreign language in many nations in the world. In Vietnam, English has taken on a special significance when people are carrying out the modernization and industrialization. The number of people who are learning English in Vietnam also has been increasing quickly. English has even become a compulsory subject in the curriculum of almost all universities in Vietnam. Traditionally, English teaching in HaUI has been dominated by teacher-centered mode. In the classroom, the teacher who is considered as the leading factor puts on a one-man show. He seldom asks his students any questions or makes any communication with them. He tries to seize every minute and as many opportunities as possible to impact the students with knowledge. Therefore, this approach, in a certain degree, is called the cramming of forced feeding method of teaching. The teacher teaches actively while the students listen to him passively. As a result, it brings the students poor abilities and skills of listening and speaking. After studying English for several years, students still remain at a loss when they have to express themselves in English. They may remember a great number of words and structures, but they can not use them appropriately in communication. Moreover, today’s world requires that the goal of teaching oral skills should improve students’ communicative skills because, only in that way, students can express themselves and learn how to follow the social and cultural rules appropriate in each communicative competence.
In order to change this situation, English teachers have been trying to improve their teaching. Distinguishing from the traditional language-teaching approach which focuses on grammar and structure, a new approach called Communicative Language Teaching has been very much in vogue at present. It gives students more opportunities to communicate in English in the classroom. But unfortunately, some phenomena indicate that the effect of CLT is not so satisfactory as people expected. There are some difficulties in applying CLT in universities. This paper attempts to clarify certain issues from the perspective of applying the Communicative Language Teaching to the teaching of oral English in HaUI, analyze the factors which impede the effects. Then according to the theories of CLT, some suggestions are put forward, which are relevant to the application of CLT.
2. Aims of the study
This research investigates the reality of the teaching oral skills to the first year students in HaUI when the teachers are considered to be applying CLT approach in their teaching. The main goal of the research is to identify factors which will facilitate or inhibit the implementation of communicative language teaching approach in teaching oral skills to the first years students in Hanoi University of Industry and to make some recommendations which can help teachers to reduce difficulties.
3. Research questions of the study
The basic research questions for the study are:
1. What are the perceptions of the participating HaUI teachers and students about the principles of Communicative Language Teaching (CLT)?
2. What do these teachers believe are the practices that explain communicative activities?
3. What do these teachers think are the main barriers in implementing CLT approach in teaching oral skills to the first year students in HaUI?
4. What do they identify as needs for the successful implementation of CLT Approach?
4. Scope of the study
In this study, the investigator intended to focus on the barriers that teachers encounter when teaching oral skills to the first years students in the Communicative Approach. The investigator chooses to focus on oral skills because CLT is considered to be easily and thoroughly implemented in teaching speaking skills
To fulfill the above aims, qualitative and quantitative methods have been chosen for the study. Comments, remarks, comparison, suggestions and conclusions are based on factual research, observation, experience and discussion. Data for analysis in this study are gained through the following sources:
- Survey questionnaire
- Interviews and discussion.
6. Design of the study
This minor thesis consists of three parts:
Part A is the “INTRODUCTION” which presents the rationales, aims, research questions, scope, methodology and design of the study.
Part B, “DEVELOPMENT”, includes three chapters:
Chapter 1 sets up theoretical background that is relevant to the purpose of the study.
Chapter 2 deals with date analysis of two questionnaires administered to teachers and students to find out their attitudes towards CLT and main difficulties in teaching speaking skills using CLT to freshmen and EFL teachers’ solutions to these problems. Also, in this chapter the author would like to provide some information about the findings of the study.
Chapter 3 emphasizes the implications of the study in which recommendations for the application of CLT approach are proposed.
Part C, “CONCLUSION”, summarizes the key issues in the study, points out the limitations and provides some suggestions for further study.
Để xem đầy đủ bạn phải Download tài liệu về máy.
- THẠC SỸ Developing critical reading skills for first year students in English department, college of...
- THẠC SỸ An investigation into the reality of teaching and learning speaking skills to the 2nd year...
- THẠC SỸ Techniques for developing content reading skills for the third year students at the university...
- THẠC SỸ A study on the techniques for the improvement to the teaching of oral skills in light of...
- THẠC SỸ Integrating short stories and poems in developing the reading skills for 2nd year students in...
- THẠC SỸ A vietnamese – english cross – cultural study of the use of hedging before giving bad news
- THẠC SỸ Techniques for improving listening skills FOR gifted students at Foreign Language Specializing...
- THẠC SỸ Motivation in learning english speaking of the second year tourism major students at tourism...
- THẠC SỸ An investigation into Phuc Trach Upper Secondary School students’ difficulties in learning...
- THẠC SỸ Factors affecting esp vocabulary learning At Hanoi community college
- THẠC SỸ How group work is used in speaking lesson of the first year major students of english at viet...
- THẠC SỸ An american – vietnamese cross-cultural study on non-verbal expressions of disappointment
- THẠC SỸ An english-vietnamese cross-cultural study of keeping face at the first encounter
- THẠC SỸ A study on some major factors affecting English learning of grade 6 ethnic minority students...
- THẠC SỸ An investigation into english reading strategies employed by ethnic minority junior first-year...
31-01-13, 08:33 #2Thành viên
- Ngày tham gia
- Bình luận
Nội dung chuẩn
19-02-13, 22:09 #3Thành viên
- Ngày tham gia
- Bình luận
17-03-13, 11:39 #4Thành viên
- Ngày tham gia
- Bình luận
TÀI LIỆU TƯƠNG TỰ
TÀI LIỆU ĐƯỢC XEM NHIỀU NHẤT
Từ khóa được tìm kiếm
researches on teachers factors in teaching oral skills,
teaching speaking in light of CLT method,
luan van applying communicative method in teaching,
teaching method of english speaking skills for freshman, STUDY ON SECOND YEAR MAJOR STUDENTS FACTORS THAT AFFECTING SPEAKING SKILL IN GONDER UNIVERSITY, grammar, tap chi: difficulties of efl first year students , the effect of applying communicative approach on teaching grammar, study on how to apply communicative approach into teaching grammar effectively, teaching speaking and clt, luan van- applying communicative approach in teaching grammar effectively, an investigation into the reality of teaching and learning speaking skills to the 2nd year non-major english students at pre-intermediate level of proficiency at hanoi university of industry , tài liệu EFL teaching methodology, some suggestions for students in viet nam in studying at university, an investigation on strategies to improve communicative skill for the first year student of english at university, an invertigation into activities to improve speaking skill english for the first year student of tourist, a study into methods to improve speaking skill for the second year language students, applying communicative method into teaching speaking skill, an investigation into the effects of applying communicative method into teaching speaking skill, luan van thac sy-the effects of applying communicative method into teaching grammar, solution for teaching speaking skills in clt approach, speaking skill in clt, essay about the effect of applying communicative approach in teaching grammar, essay - applying communicative method in teaching grammar, investigation into students oral english presentation skills
Users Browsing this Thread
Có 1 người đang xem chủ đề. (0 thành viên và 1 khách)